Monday, April 20, 2009

An Email from Chipper, the Black-capped Chickadee


I'm passing along an email I received at Aquatic Connections from the National Wildlife Federation. It was sent from a Black-capped Chickadee, named Chipper.



Dear Aquatic Connections:

My friends and I are all a “twitter”!

A couple of weeks ago, I asked caring folks like you to create backyard sanctuaries for birds and other wildlife through National Wildlife Federation’s Certified Wildlife Habitat™ program. I’ve gotten firsthand reports from “my peeps” across the
country of yards that are not only beautiful but are providing the things that animals need most -- food, water, shelter and places to raise their young.

I can’t thank you enough for making us feel so welcome and safe. So, “two wings up!” to everyone who has already certified their backyards and can now enjoy the many benefits of certification.

And, if you haven’t had a chance to certify yet, it’s not too late!
My friends and I are looking for “summer homes” where we can nest and raise our families out of harm’s way. You see, because of development, climate change and invasive species, nearly one-third of us birds are endangered, threatened or in decline. So, we certainly would appreciate your help!

Plus, when you certify your backyard, your $15 application
fee allows NWF to continue its important conservation and
education work on behalf of birds like me and other wildlife
across the country.

Thank you again for helping me and my friends.

Your friend,
“Chipper”


P.S. When you certify today, you'll be eligible to purchase the “wildly” popular Certified Wildlife Habitat™ yard sign that makes it easy for me and my friends (as well as yours) to identify your yard as wildlife-friendly. Claim yours today!

Aquatic Connections is certified as a Backyard Habitat and our pond displays help support many forms of wildlife. This year we will be carrying Native Plants called American Beauties and for every purchase a donation is made to the National Wildlife Federation. I'll let you know when the plants arrive. Sign up for Aquatic Connections Newsletter to stay informed about ponds and backyard wildlife! Click here to read about Aquatic Connections commitment to education.

No comments: